Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Construction Zone



We are constructing! So much has been happening! It's all coming together! While I was in Phoenix for my week of work, Larry and our friend, Jonathon tiled the kitchen and laundry room. It's beautiful! I challenged them to lay the tile diagonally. They weren't very happy with me, but they got over themselves as they realized it wasn't as hard. This was Larry's first time tiling, he put his perfectionism into action and it looks awesome! So, when I got home we had wood floors to lay before my Mom arrived on Sunday. That gave us 2 days to get it done. We started Friday night and worked hard all day Saturday. We got into a groove and worked really well as a team. Yeah for the Schmidt's! I wanted the power tools. So, while Larry laid one row, I would measure the last piece, make the cut and snap it in place. It was smooth sailing and so much fun! Larry was very good at the intricate cuts and tricky closets, I like to make the end cuts and bust out the rows! Finally at midnight we hopped in the shower and fell into bed! Everything was hurting, even my toes! I don't think we moved the entire night! The floors look beautiful and we are so excited to say we did it! We will finish the floors up with some base boards and move onto the next project! We have a house and it's our very own!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: