Saturday, November 29, 2008

Seeing Stripes


This has been my favorite project so far! My Mom was visiting for Thanksgiving so I took advantage of her help! I have always wanted to do a stripe wall and this was my chance! YEAH!! We picked out a color and made sure we had it before Thanksgiving day so we could paint while Larry was fixing the meal. We started by painting the wall all one color with flat paint. The next day we taped off all of our stripes. This was much easier than I had expected. We used a plum line and chalked the line, then followed the line with blue painters tape. The hardest part was keeping track of which ones to paint the gloss color, thank goodness for pencil X's! We painted all the X'ed stripes with the gloss color and peeled the tape off and "TA DA" we had stripes and the look so cool! They are amazing! Thanks Mom! OH YEAH... Jaxson had to get in on the fun! He was checking out the wall and found the paint lid. He stepped on it! Thank goodness Larry was standing right there to scoop him up before we had a real problem! Such a little helper! We could have had puppy paws all over the house!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Love the stripes! You are making me anixous to buy a house. Since we are renting right now I have nothing but white walls. BORING! It will be so nice to be able to decorate again.

Larry and Amy said...

OH NO, white walls! I would go crazy! It's beginning to feel like home!

Joy said...

I'm feeling very behind on your house! Need to come visit soon!