Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Move

WOW...what an experience this move has been! I don't ever want to move again! OR at least the week before my wedding, and the good thing is I will never have to... I'm never getting married again! I have learned so much about myself in this process of planning a wedding and moving all while having my Fiance' 1200 miles away. I don't handle this much stress very well and I either crawl in a hole or I explode like a firecracker. Neither of them being very good! But it is all calming down now and I'm ready for a new adventure in Oklahoma!

I have been slowly packing my house for weeks and yesterday it came to a head. My wonderful friend, Julie has been a lifesaver through all of this. She met a couple of guys here at my house to start the packing of the POD... OH wait let me back up a little... First we had to unpack the POD! Larry's family packed all of his stuff in the POD and filled is almost half full... with none of the furniture in there yet, we had to take some action. What was going and what was staying? This is where I learned that my soon to be husband keeps everything and I mean everything. So, we hauled everything out of the POD into my backyard and surveyed what was going.

Back to the movers... it's amazing how much stuff they got in that POD! Every piece of furniture that was in my house in now in a 16 foot POD; a pool table, 2 beds, dressers (all 3 of them), a piano, a desk, bookshelves... they stuffed and stacked and got almost everything in there. But there is too much that isn't going to fit. So, I am right now on my floor typing this waiting for the second POD so the rest of it can join us in Oklahoma, including the fish tank!

It's been an experience and I'm glad to be doing this. I can't wait to finally be with Larry in Oklahoma, so we can talk face to face everyday. He can kiss and hug me when these tears of overwhelm take over me! I see a light at the end of this tunnel and I am excited!

No comments: